Crazy Ball – Bayern Munchen started their new season as defending champions in the Champions League in a very convincing manner, slaughtering Atletico Madrid with a 4-0 victory at the Allianz Arena on Thursday (22/10) early morning Western Indonesian Time.
German champions Bayern Munchen really played dominantly over Atletico to show they are still the strongest favorites in the competition, when they have 59 percent possession and have been threatening since the whistle.
Die Roten even ended up winning 2-0 at the break through Kingsley Coman and Leon Goretzka, when Los Rojiblancos were only able to record one shot on target throughout the match through Yannick Carrasco's weak efforts which wasted many chances tonight.
Bayern finally managed to end Atletico Madrid's resistance with two additional goals in the second half through a shot outside the Corentin Tolisso penalty box and an individual action by Kingsley Coman. The following is the report card for the Bavarian giants following their 4-0 win over the Spanish capital.
- Manuel Neuer (6.0) – The poor finishing of the Atletico Madrid players almost made Manuel Neuer completely unemployed tonight.
- Lucas Hernandez (7.0) – Very aggressive as a wing defender, even having three shots on goal, one of which was the courage to break through the Atletico defense alone at the end of the first half.
- David Alaba (6.5) – More of a role in his team's possession than working against Joao Felix and Luis Suarez.
- Niklas Sule (7.5) – His chance early in the first half hit the bar. Sule was also very good at aerial balls, winning five aerial duels.
- Benjamin Pavard (7.0) – It was sometimes a bother for Carrasco, but in the end was able to handle it well before being pulled off when Bayern were 4-0 up.
- Leon Goretzka (8.0) – Very dominant in midfield, has a pass accuracy of 96 percent, and scored both goals at the end of the first half.
- Joshua Kimmich (8.0) – Send Coman a very clever pass to open the scoring, doing his job as a central midfielder in an outstanding manner.
- Kingsley Coman (9,5) – It's been a constant threat from the start through his speed and tricks. Opening the scoring with a cool finish, opening up space to provide an assist for Goretzka, before scoring his second goal in class after dancing past several Atletico players.
- Thomas Mueller (6.5) – Played wide to accommodate Tolisso, had one golden opportunity in the 61st minute but his outside-footed shot missed and turned into a corner.
- Corentin Tolisso (8,0) – Shot outside the penalty box which is incredibly swift and precise to make Jan Oblak do not move.
- Robert Lewandowski (6.5) – Didn't have enough opportunities in this match, but contributed greatly to opening up Atletico Madrid's defense space.
- Douglas Costa (nil) – Enter when the game is over
- Bouna Sarr (nil) – Same with Costa, was revealed when Bayern were already winning 4-0.
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (nil) – Replaced Lewandowski with 7 minutes remaining.
- Alphonso Davies (nil) – Sign in for Thomas Mueller.
- Javi Martinez (nil) – Part of three substitutions at once to replace Leon Goretzka.
Atletico Madrid player report cards: Jan Oblak (5.0); Renan Lodi (5.0), Felipe (5,5), Stefan Savic (5,5), Kieran Trippier (5,5); Yannick Carrasco (5,5), Koke (5,5), Hector Herrera (5,5), Marcos Llorente (5,5); Joao Felix (6,0), Luis Suarez (5,5); Angel Correa (nil), Vitolo (nil), Thomas Lemar (nil), Lucas Torreira (nil).
Source: Bayern Munchen 4-0 Atletico Madrid report card: The Hero of the 2020 Final Is More Trengginas
Football News Videos
Ball Story Videos